This bank holiday Friday, enjoy a picnic or tea party in your front garden, balcony or living room to celebrate. BDA Work Ready dietitians have come up with some tips on how celebrations can incorporate fun and food – and make you feel good too!
Work Ready’s suggested menu:
- Slices of cucumber topped with 1 tsp low fat cream cheese and small thin roll of salmon (or a radish slice for a vegetarian option).
- Mini multi-seed cracker topped with hummus and a cherry tomato.
- 3 – 4 individually sliced crudités in a shot glass with a low fat herby yoghurt dressing in the base.
- Carrot dippers with a cheese and chive dip (recipe available on the BDA website)
- Try a fruit stack created with a base of watermelon and decorated with other fruits. Check instagram for inspiration – these can look great!
- Bitesize servings of delicious cake are also a lovely treat.
- Iced tap water with plenty of fresh mint or chopped fruit to add flavour.
- Tea or coffee (with a decaffeinated option and fruit teas).
- If you are going to drink alcohol, try white wine as a spritzer mixed with sparkling water and alternate your alcoholic drink with a glass of water, low calorie soft drinks or unsweetened fruit juice mixed with ice and water.
Most importantly… enjoy the celebrations and have a lovely bank holiday! Remember to tag us on twitter in any pictures of your healthier celebrations @BDAworkready.