At a loss for what to prepare for the family when the grocery shop shelves are bare? Let us help inspire with a ‘working remotely recipe’ suggested by one of our expert Work Ready dietitians.
Here is an easy one that will be a hit with the whole family and seeing as it is so easy to prepare, why not get the kids involved?
4-ingredient vegetable frittata
You will need:
- 10 regular eggs beaten
- 250g frozen spinach
- 400 grams sweet potato peeled and sliced lengthways, roasted
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips, roasted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line a 20cm pie dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs
- Place a thin layer of sweet potato on the bottom of the dish, top with a layer of spinach then the roasted peppers.
- Continue to layer the ingredients until gone.
- Pour over the beaten eggs, giving the dish a gentle shake to ensure the egg reaches the bottom.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and sit for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
This is the perfect recipe to prepare in bulk so you have leftovers for lunch the next day. You can always substitute the vegetables for whatever is in your fridge, garnish with any herbs you have in the cupboard, and serve alongside a basic garden salad.
Can’t find eggs? If eggs are hard to find or just aren’t your thing, you can substitute with your favourite whole grain such as brown rice. If you opt for this version consider adding a protein source such as chick peas or chicken, mixing in fresh, uncooked spinach, and drizzling with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4 Ingredients (2020) ‘Veggie Frittata’ https://www.4ingredients.com.au/recipes/veggie-frittata